Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Teaser Tuesday + Top Ten Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme that was started and is hosted by Should Be Reading.  Here is the rules
 Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

"My face burned with enough heat to destroy a small forest." -Page 148

"I paused in his doorway. Kyle was standing in front of the closet. He'd put on a pair of jeans his black Vans, but he was shirtless. He turned and I gasped."-Page 148





I really like this novel. It is really fast paste and I cannot put it down. I keep wondering what will happen next.
What is your teaser? 
Is an awesome meme created and hosted by The Broke and The Bookish 
Top Ten Books Written In The Past 10 Years That I Hope People Are Still Reading In 30 Years

1. Mortal Instrument Series By Cassandra Clare
2.  Infernal  Devices Series By Cassandra Clare

I am a huge fan of Cassandra Clare. I really hope that 30 years from now her books are still being talk about. Also I hope she is still writing 30 years from now =D 

3. Morganville Vampire Series By Rachel Caine 
I love this series. It just keeps getting better and better. Rachel Caine is an amazing author.

4. The Red Necklace By Sally Gardner
5. Evernight Series By Claudia Gray

Sally Gardner is just simply a brilliant author at historical fiction. Enough said =D With the Evernight series I just think it really enjoyable. 



6.Hush, Hush Series By Becca Fitzpatrick 
7. Tattoo & Fate By Jennifer Lynn Barnes 
8. Hold Still By Nina Lacour 
9.Beautiful Creatures Series By Kami Garcia & Magaret Stohl 
10. The Dark Divine Series By Bree Despain 

What's your top ten? 

Remember to enter my GIVE AWAY MONDAY contest. You can win a ARC of The Gathering By Kelley Armstrong. 









14 comments:

Jo K said...

Great teasers! The first one really gives you a feeling of her emotions.

Shelley Munro said...

Nice teasers. I really liked the first one.

I'm very new to the YA genre so I'm taking notes.

Here's My Teaser

Claire said...

I can definitely identify with the first quote. Hemlock sounds like an awesome read ;)

My teaser is here if you'd like a look :)

Unknown said...

We seem to have the same taste.. I just finished Hemlock.. Loved it! Also reading Intangible as well :) *New Follower*

Here's my TT

Happy Reading :)

~ Keely ~

The More the Merrier said...

Hemlock sounds really interesting! I'm going to have to check it out.

Here's my Teaser:)

Kim said...

Ooh those are great teasers for Hemlock! Checking it out now along with all the books on your Top 10 that I may not have added to my to-reads list yet :D

Karen and Gerard said...

Liked that first teaser, sounds like a fun read!

http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/05/tuesday-teasers-3-for-you_29.html

gautami tripathy said...

Love your teasers!

I seem to be out of my reading slump and reading slow and steady..

Here is my Teaser Tuesday: In the Bag by Kate Klise post!

Lark Andrea said...

I loved this book! I hope you do too.

Reading Lark's Teasers

Unknown said...

Great teasers, enjoy!

http://thecharacterconnection.blogspot.com/2012/05/teaser-tuesday.html

Vyki @ On The Shelf said...

Great list and teasers! I want to read Hemlock so very badly! Here's my TT: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/05/29/teaser-tuesday-19/

Sandy Nachlinger said...

I really like the use of exaggeration in your first teaser. It gives a clear picture of just how embarrassed she is!
My Teaser is from The Warden's Lantern.

Unknown said...

New Follower. Great teaser, I've heard great things about Hemlock.
--Jenese

readersconfession.blogspot.com

Lee @ Rally the Readers said...

I also hope that The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices are as popular in 30 years as they are now. They're two of my favorite YA series.

Our Top Ten

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design