Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WOW : Velveteen By Daniel Marks


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme done/hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine 








Author: Daniel Marks
Publisher: Random House
Release: October 9th 2012

Velveteen Monroe is dead. At 16, she was kidnapped and murdered by a madman named Bonesaw. But that's not the problem.


The problem is she landed in purgatory. And while it's not a fiery inferno, it's certainly no heaven. It's gray, ashen, and crumbling more and more by the day, and everyone has a job to do. Which doesn't leave Velveteen much time to do anything about what's really on her mind.


Bonesaw.


Velveteen aches to deliver the bloody punishment her killer deserves. And she's figured out just how to do it. She'll haunt him for the rest of his days. 
It'll be brutal . . . and awesome.


But crossing the divide between the living and the dead has devastating consequences. Velveteen's obsessive haunting cracks the foundations of purgatory and jeopardizes her very soul. A risk she's willing to take—except fate has just given her reason to stick around: an unreasonably hot and completely off-limits coworker.


Velveteen can't help herself when it comes to breaking rules . . . or getting revenge. And she just might be angry enough to take everyone down with her.
OMG!! I so want to read this novel. Like I would literally trade my soul.(maybe not that far,hehe). However I am passionate for this book. It comes out in October and is written by Daniel Marks.

I just think the idea of a ghost haunting her killer is a incredible idea and would make for an awesome storyline. It is also a revenge story so that should be interesting. 

The cover is absolutely gorgeous. The boy is so handsome and the dress the girl has on is so beautiful. 

This novel is written, as I previously stated, by Daniel Marks. 


Daniel Marks writes young adult horror and fantasy, spends way too much time glued to the internets and collects books obsessively (occasionally reading them). He’s been a psychotherapist for children and adolescents, a Halloween store manager, a cafeteria janitor (gag) and has survived earthquakes, volcanoes and typhoons to get where he is today, which is to say, in his messy office surrounded by half empty coffee cups. He lives in the Pacific Northwest with his wife, Caroline, and three furry monsters with no regard for quality carpeting.


You can check this author out at his BLOG  or his YOUTUBE videos. Today the author bio, author picture, novel bio and novel pictures is sourced from Goodreads. The WOW image is from Jill's site @ Breaking the Spine  ! 


13 comments:

Kari Po-Ku ▲ said...

I've heard many good things about this one. I can't wait to read this one. :D

My WoW

Amy said...

I am looking forward to this one too! I won't get to it until a little closer to release date though.

starryeyedjen said...

I love the premise of this one! And that cover is fabulous! Great pick!

Here’s my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I am interested in reading this one too. It sounds really good. Thanks for sharing :)

My WoW

Unknown said...

This book is on my TBR pile and I love the cover as well!

Here is my Wednesday link:
http://mamivalsbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/www-wednesday-may-23.html

Anonymous said...

This sounds amazing. I will have to read it! Great pick.

Vee_Bookish said...

Me My Shelf and I is trying desperately to get me to read this! I'm not sure if I'll like it yet but all the reviews say it's really good.

ComaCalm's Corner

Arianna said...

Sounds so creepy and good! Really looking forward to this one, great pick. Please check out my WoW!

Kim@Time2Read said...

Hmmm....I'm not sure this is for me, but it DOES sound pretty good. Hope you enjoy it.
My WoW!

Unknown said...

I'm dying to read this one!! *-*

I'm a new gfc follower, btw. :)

notjustnonsense.blosgpot.com

Jamie Mariano said...

I cannot freaking WAIT for this one! I love watching Danny Marks on youtube, and I'm excited to read one of his novels. Great pick :)

Here's my WoW

Alison Can Read said...

This looks like a fabulous book. A nice scare.

Shooting Stars Mag said...

Yes, awesome pick. I would love to read this one too. It just sounds amazing and I do love the boy on the cover. too cute.

-Lauren

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Custom design by Linda of Berries and Cream Blog Design